Our Commitment to Sustainability
YWCA Hotel is passionate about protecting the environment and committed to becoming a sustainable organization. Our goal is to achieve a reduction in our energy usage and in our greenhouse gas emissions.
Over the past few years, we have integrated a variety of green practices into our operations:
- A waste reduction strategy to increase recycling and reduce garbage output
- Retrofit of the YWCA Hotel, including working with the BC Hydro Power Smart Program to:
- replace all refrigerators and install energy efficient lighting, saves 30% electrical energy through reduced consumption
- install a new boiler system that will cut green house gas and carbon emissions by 75%, switches energy sources to clean power so greatly reduces GHG production
- install low-flow showerheads to reduce water consumption and waste water treatment
- The use of Green Seal approved products, which are 100% recyclable
- A recycling program in the workplace
- The use of recycled or post-consumer recycled paper products in our print materials
- Participation in the Translink Employer Transit Pass Program
- Education and awareness campaigns directed toward staff and guests
By taking these measures, YWCA Hotel has embarked on an ambitious goal to become a leader in sustainable community development and a model for sustainable businesses.
For more information, contact Dale Bradley, Operations Manager at email@example.com.